Virginia Drive Detour Information
Upper Dublin Township values the important commitment that our businesses and property owners have made to locate here. Due to the Fort Washington Office Park’s aging infrastructure, the Township has embarked on a major revitalization effort, with a number of improvement projects now in varying stages of planning and development. Here is an update on the initiative.
The Virginia Drive Detour began June 6, 2016.
Immediately, three structurally-deficient bridges on Virginia Drive are scheduled for total replacement. Unfortunately this will require road closure and construction detours in the Office Park. Reconstruction of the first two bridges will happen concurrently, to minimize the impact. Here are the details:
- Virginia Drive, at the traffic signal by DeVry University
- Virginia Drive, between Camp Hill Road and Verizon
- There will be two detours – one for through-traffic and one for only the businesses located between the two bridges: 1005, 1015, 1035, 1050 and 1075 Virginia Drive.
- Virginia Drive Detour Plan - Local Traffic
- Virginia Drive Detour Plan - Thru Traffic
- Turns will be permitted at Virginia and Camp Hill Road, as this is the signed detour route, and stop signs will be added for Virginia Drive approaches. Heading eastbound, Virginia Drive will make a left onto Camp Hill Road to follow the detour. Heading Westbound, contractor vehicles will be approaching the intersection. There will be new, temporary stop signs for both.
Start date: End of April 2016
Duration: End of June 2017
Plans for the third bridge replacement are still in development.
We are working with our contractors to minimize the impact on traffic during the upcoming construction. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.