Call before you dig! PA One Call - 811
Water Service Providers
- Ambler Borough Water Company
- North Wales Water Authority
- North Wales Water Authority Customer Location Map-20180831
Preventing Frozen Pipes (from Aqua America)
When stationary water inside pipes drops to about 30 degrees Fahrenheit, pipes can freeze. When water freezes, it expands, which can then break pipes, flood interiors and cause major damage. As a preventive measure, Aqua Pennsylvania encourages homeowners to take the following steps ahead of the severe winter weather:
- Make sure the lids on outdoor meter pits are not broken or missing.
- Shut off and drain any outside faucets including those for lawn sprinkling systems.
- Prevent drafts in unheated areas, such as crawl spaces or basements, by replacing broken glass or making other repairs.
- Locate and visibly mark the home’s master water valve. In the event that a pipe does break, use this value to turn off water to the home.
- Homeowners can also leave cabinet doors under sinks open to allow warm air to reach pipes. If it is below 10 degrees, customers can also leave a trickle of water (about the size of pencil lead) running overnight.
- Aqua Pennsylvania also advises customers to take the following precautions in any unheated areas of their homes (e.g. outdoor faucets, crawlspaces and garages) when temperatures drop below freezing:
- Make sure to have a supply of heat tape and pipe insulation, as well as a portable space heater and a hair dryer on hand.
- Wrap pipes with insulation material or heat tape and wrap indoor water meters with a blanket.
- Proper and safe use of portable space heaters can also keep exposed pipes in drafty areas from freezing.
- Customers can thaw areas of frozen pipe by using a hair dryer. Hold the dryer six inches from the pipe and move the warm air back and forth. If this does not work, or the pipe is split, call a plumber.
Sewer Service Providers
Bucks County Water and Sewer Authority of Warrington, PA is the current owner of the Upper Dublin Township Sewer System.
Contact for routine billing and service calls:
Bucks County Water and Sewer Authority
1275 Almshouse Road
Warrington, PA 18976
These Emergency ONLY phone numbers will direct you to the BCW&SA 24 hour SCADA operations center.
- (215) 343-3946
- (215) 343-3025
- (215) 343-3026
In case of water and sewer emergencies please tune into WNPV 1440 AM.
Electric Service Providers
Television Service Providers with Township Franchise Agreements
Questions? Call the Public Works Department at (215) 643-1600 ext. 3233