The position of Township Engineer is an appointed officer of the Township who shall perform duties as the Board of Commissioners directs for the construction, reconstruction, maintenance and repair of streets, roads, pavements, storm sewers, bridges, culverts, and other engineering work. The duties of the Township Engineer are as follows:
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates of the work as directed by Township for work undertaken by the Township and furnish the Board of Commissioners with reports, information, or estimates on any Township engineering work or on questions submitted by the Board of Commissioners. He shall attend all regular monthly meetings of the Board of Commissioners, as well as the senior staff meetings and meetings of the Planning, Parks & Library Committee, and Planning Commission as directed.
- Maintain engineering records of all required plans, record plans, maps, designs, worksheets, and correspondence for any projects commissioned by Upper Dublin Township or submitted to Upper Dublin Township for review. Maintain pending list of land developments and subdivisions.
- Reviews subdivision and land developments, Inspects improvements for subdivisions or land developments, update Township Maps, submits monthly report of activity, reviews routine ordinances, resolutions, and agreements, maintains and updates Township Engineering and Construction Standards, submits and administrates selected grant programs, updates portion of Townships yearly MS4 report.
- Have other such functions, powers, and duties as may be provided by law.
- The current Township Engineer is Thomas J. Fountain, P.E. Tom is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Pennsylvania, and is a member of A.S.C.E. (American Society of Civil Engineers). Tom has provided municipal engineering consultation and services for more than 25 years to the communities of Southeastern Pennsylvania. Tom is a graduate of Villanova University, with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree.
- Phone: (215) 643-1600 x3372
- Email: email@example.com