The Upper Dublin Township Board of Commissioners passed a Historic Preservation Ordinance on November 14, 2006. The ordinance protects the most important historic resources from demolition while providing a process for discussion with owners of additional resources to consider alternatives to demolition. Ordinance #1175 establishes a Historical Commission to advise the Board of Commissioners regarding historic preservation matters.
A special Historic Preservation Inventory Committee completed a township-wide inventory of potential historic properties and structures that could fall under the ordinance.
Historic Preservation Documents
- Annual Reports
- Guide-Researching the History of Upper Dublin Properties (130 KiB)
- Historic Resource Inventory 06-09-2015 (34 KiB)
- Historic Site Survey Results 2008 (189 KiB)
- Historic Site Survey Results 2009 (447 KiB)
- Ordinance 09-1212 05-12-2009 Amend Historic Resource Inventory (541 KiB)
- Ordinance 11-1241 06-14-2011 Historic Resource Overlay District (518 KiB)
- Ordinance 1175 11-14-2006 Historic Preservation (614 KiB)
- Ordinance 1196 03-11-2008 Amend Historic Resource Inventory (76 KiB)
- Ordinance 13-1266 01-08-2013 Amend Historic Resource Inventory (52 KiB)
- Ordinance 14-1283 02-11-2014 Amend Historic Resource Inventory (55 KiB)
- Ordinance 15-1304 06-09-2015 Amend Historic Resource Inventory (47 KiB)
Guide to Researching the History of Upper Dublin Properties: The Historical Commission has compiled this guide that can be downloaded from the documents list above.
Area Historic Organizations
Below are links to area organizations that are dedicated to preserving local history.
- Highlands Historical Society
- Historical Society of Fort Washington
- Hope Lodge Historic Site
- Upper Dublin Township Historical Commission
- Wissahickon Valley Historical Society