Notification of Emergencies
Special Needs Registry PA is a registry for residents of Montgomery County who have special needs in an emergency. This registry allows citizens with special needs and their associates an opportunity to provide information to emergency response agencies, so emergency responders can better plan to serve them in a disaster or other emergencies. For the purpose of this registry, a special needs individual is someone who cannot receive, understand or act upon emergency protective orders.
Emergency Management in Upper Dublin Township
Paul A. Leonard, Emergency Management Coordinator
801 Loch Alsh Avenue
Fort Washington, PA 19034
The Office of Emergency Management reports to the Upper Dublin Township Board of Commissioners and provides assistance to Upper Dublin Township staff. It develops and maintains comprehensive disaster preparedness and assistance plans and programs that address relevant hazards. These plans are culminated in the Upper Dublin Township's Emergency Operations Plan, which outlines how the Township coordinates with other local, county, state and federal agencies in the event of an emergency, ranging from a hazardous material spill to a natural disaster to a terrorist incident.
In the event of a disaster, the overall responsibility for decision making within Upper Dublin Township rests with the Board of Commissioners. The Board of Commissioners may declare a local emergency upon finding a disaster has occurred or is imminent.
When a local emergency is declared, the Office of Emergency Management along with Township personnel and representatives from the Township emergency first responder organizations operate an Emergency Operations Center to coordinate the management of community-wide resources (police, public works, fire, EMS, food, shelters, etc…) with various local, county, state and federal agencies to appropriately respond to an emergency event. The protection of health, safety and welfare of our residents is paramount.
The following are examples of EOC staff activities:
- Requesting mutual aid resources
- Locating requested resources and directing them to the proper place
- Managing a wide-scale evacuation
- Establishing shelters and coordinating social services
- Coordinating communications with the community
- Transmitting information over the Emergency Alert System
- Resolving policy issues
The Office of Emergency Management has compiled public safety information to assist its citizens in the education, preparedness and readiness for an emergency situation.
More in Emergency Management
Below are the pages found within the Emergency Management section.
- Being Prepared - Residential / Business
- Documents & Forms
- Emergency Contact Information
- Emergency First Responders
- Extreme Weather and Natural Disasters
- Hazardous Spills and Man-Made Disasters
- Health and Wellness
- Homeland Security
- Listing of Public Safety Resources and Guides
- Pets in an Emergency
- Special Assistance / Needs
Documents & Forms
- *Damage Report Form for Residents & Businesses (10.5 KiB)
- *FAQs-Hurricane Sandy (313.0 KiB)
- *Notice-MontCo DPS Hurricane Sandy Notification 10-26-2012 (13.5 KiB)