Hurricane Ida Relief Fund (HIRF)
The Hurricane Ida Relief Fund (HIRF) has been established to ease the financial strain experienced by Upper Dublin and Horsham Township property owners and residents who have been impacted by the recovery and rebuilding associated with the effects of Hurricane Ida. Secured through the advocacy of State Senators Maria Collett and Vincent Hughes, and financed by a $1.5 million grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED), HIRF will be administered locally by Upper Dublin and Horsham Townships. Residents must submit applications to the township in which they reside or own property.
HIRF Maximum Grant Award:
The maximum grant award available is $3,500. The HIRF grant program limits applications to one per property type.
For more information, see HIRF FAQs Pgs. 1-4 and HIRF Assistance 10 Helpful Hints.
HIRF Joint Press Release by Sen. Collett & Sen. Hughes: https://www.senatorcollett.com/senators-collett-hughes-announce-1-5-million-for-ida-impacted-residents-in-upper-dublin-horsham-townships/
HIRF Application Materials - Upper Dublin Residents Only
Prior to completing a HIRF application, please read the Hurricane Ida Relief Fund FAQs (applicant eligibility, eligible expenses, grant award process, etc)
For additional guidance on completing an application, see the HIRF Assistance 10 Helpful Hints
Hurricane Ida Relief Fund Application Packet (choose one of the following):
- Printable/Fillable Form:
Instructions: Download application packet - print - complete with signature and date - submit via mail, drop-off, or email to HIRF@upperdublin.net
- Paper Forms are available at the Upper Dublin Township Offices, during regular business hours, at 370 Commerce Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034*
*The Upper Dublin Township Building has been temporarily relocated to this address as a result of tornado damage to the municipal complex on Loch Alsh Ave.
HIRF APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To complete an application, the following items are REQUIRED:
- HIRF Application for Grant Assistance Form – complete sections 1-5, itemizing expenses for which you seek reimbursement, sign and date
- Disclosures and Attestation Form – complete sections A-D, sign and date
- REQUIRED SUPPORT DOCUMENTS – please refer to the REQUIRED SUPPORT DOCUMENTS chart in the FAQs for appropriate examples and HIRF Assistance 10 Helpful Hints
To submit a completed application packet and supporting documents, choose one of the following:
- Email to HIRF@upperdublin.net
- Drop-off application at the Upper Dublin Township Offices reception desk, during regular business hours only, at 370 Commerce Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034
- Mail to Hurricane Ida Relief Fund, 370 Commerce Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034
NOTE: Horsham Township Residents must apply through www.horsham.org/hirf
For additional information regarding Hurricane Ida disaster recovery in Upper Dublin Township, please visit www.upperdublin.net/disaster-recovery-information. Residents may also reach out to the UDT Hurricane Ida Recovery Resource Coordinator for assistance with disaster-related rebuilding and recovery. The HIRRC can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 215-643-1600 ext. 3378.