Yard Waste Collection Schedule
|Area:||If Trash is collected on:||Yard Waste pick-up day is:|
** If your yard waste day falls on a holiday, your yard waste collection will be rescheduled. Some Wednesday collections are rescheduled to Saturdays due to holidays. See this calendar for dates.
*2022 Yard waste collection will begin the week of March 7, 2022 and end the week of November 28, 2022 (no yard waste will be collected during the week of Thanksgiving: November 21-25, 2022). This applies to both typical yard waste and kitchen organics.*
Please DO NOT use compostable bags (or other plastic bags) for food scraps. These bags do not break down fast enough in our yard waste program.
Map of Collection Routes
Yard Waste Information
Yard waste, brush and small tree branches will be collected curbside once a week during the Yard Waste Program. Grass clippings and leaves must be placed in containers or biodegradable paper bags. Please DO NOT use the BROWN REFUSE CART for Yard Waste. Please DO NOT use plastic bags. All yard waste is composted into a high grade mulch product. Yard waste must be placed at the curb the night before the scheduled collection day.
Brush and/or tree limbs must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or tied into bundles (with twine) not exceeding 4' in length and 50 pounds. Branches with a diameter greater than 6" will not be taken.
Please limit the amount of yard waste placed at the curbside to a maximum of nine (9) containers, paper bags and/or bundles total. The Public Works Department requests that all efforts are made to put yard waste in cans/cart with wheels to help streamline the process and help our Sanitation workers.
If you have a significant amount of yard waste, you may drop it off at the Compost Site facility on Camp Hill Road, hire a private contractor to dispose of it, or place the maximum weekly amount at the curb for the Township to collect it over a period of several weeks. The Compost Site is open on a number of Saturdays throughout 2022 (see this calendar for dates) and during the week.
Any materials "tagged' by Public Works Personnel as unacceptable, exceeds item limit or weight limit, must be removed from the curbside and disposed of properly.
For the disposal of dirt, sod, rocks, tree stumps, logs, root balls, wood chips, or branches exceeding 6" in diameter, please contact a private contractor.
Call the Public Works Department for clarification and options at: (215) 643-1600 ext. 3810
Automated Yard Waste Program
Areas B & C
The Township is continually evaluating its operations and looking for ways to make collections safer and more efficient. As a result of this evaluation, the Wednesday collection route Area B (as of August 2021) and Area C (as of August 2022) are now fully-automated.
- Only yard waste that is in the township-provided green yard waste carts will be collected. Material outside of the carts will no longer be regularly accepted. Yard waste material must also not protrude from the top of the cart (This follows the same guidelines already in place for trash and recycling).
- Please place your green yard waste cart on the same side of the street that you place your brown trash and blue recycling carts.
- Please NOTE: Federal holidays observed on Mondays will result in Yard Waste collections for Areas B & C being rescheduled from Wednesday to the following Saturday. Please refer to the Township calendar.
- During the yard waste season, there will be a twice-per-month extra yard waste collection for Areas B & C - fully-automated collection areas only. There will be no charge for this service, but it must be scheduled by calling the reception desk at (215) 643-1600 ext. 0. Please limit the amount of yard waste placed curbside for this extra collection to a maximum of nine (9) total items (cans, carts, or bags). Bundled branches will no longer be collected, but may be dropped off at the Compost Site. Extra yard waste will be collected on your home's side of the street. You must call the reception desk by NOON on the Friday before a Monday collection. If there is no answer, please leave us a message that includes your last name, address, and phone number. We will add you to the Extra YW list with no need for a follow-up call.
- The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, June 20, 2022 (call by noon Friday, June 17)
- Monday, July 11, 2022 (call by noon Friday, July 8)
- Monday, July 25, 2022 (call by noon Friday, July 22)
- Monday, August 8, 2022 (call by noon Friday, August 5)
- Monday, August 22, 2022 (call by noon Friday, August 19)
- Monday, September 12, 2022 (call by noon Friday, September 9)
- Monday, September 26, 2022 (call by noon Friday, September 23)
- Monday, October 17, 2022 (call by noon Friday, October 14)
- Monday, October 31, 2022 (call by noon Friday, October 28)
- Monday, November 14, 2022 (call by noon Friday, November 11)
- Monday, November 28, 2022 (call by noon Friday, November 23)
- As part of this program, the Compost Site at 1128 Camphill Road will be open several Saturdays throughout the season for residents to drop off yard waste or pick up mulch. A loader will be available to load mulch. The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Saturday, July 9, 2022
- Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Saturday, November 19, 2022
NOTE: The fall leaf program is NOT affected by this change.
For questions or suggestions, please contact Craig Frey at email@example.com or (215) 643-1600 ext. 3412.
Kitchen Organics Waste Information - Items you can add to your green yard waste containers
Upper Dublin Township continues to look at a variety of programs from around the country to handle kitchen organic waste by diverting it from the waste stream and composting. Currently, the combination of costs and permit requirements may not allow for partial or full implementation of such a program.
Residents are advised that our current yard waste collection program has some flexibility and opportunity to reduce waste and return valuable nutrients to the environment safely.
The following is a list of items that you most likely regularly produce within your household that can be placed in your green yard waste containers:
• Fruit & vegetable scraps
• Crushed egg shells
• Coffee grounds and paper coffee filters
• Used tea bags
• Stale baked goods, like crackers & bread
• Corn husks
• Crumbs swept off of counters & floors
• Old herbs & spices
• Pizza crusts
• Tooth picks
• Green waste
To keep your green yard waste container clean, we suggest wrapping your food waste in newspaper. Please DO NOT use any plastic bags, even if they say COMPOSTABLE. These types of bags do not break down fast enough with our program.
Additional Yard Waste Cart Program
You can order and pay for one additional green yard waste tote through the receptionist at (215) 643-1600 x "0". There is a one time fee of $65 for the extra green yard waste tote. The Township will deliver the cart to the property upon receipt of payment. The cart/tote will remain the property of the Township.
Questions? Call the Public Works Department at (215) 643-1600 x 3810. All dates and information subject to change due to various conditions.