Yard Waste Collection Schedule
|If Trash is collected on:||Yard Waste pick-up day is:|
|Thursday||Monday **changing to Wednesday starting 8/25/21**|
** If your yard waste day falls on a holiday, your yard waste will be collected on the Wednesday of that same week. See the trash collection page for a schedule of holidays when yard waste is moved to a Wednesday.
*2021 Yard waste collection will begin March 1, 2021 and end December 3, 2021 (no yard waste will be collected during the week of Thanksgiving: November 22-26, 2021). This applies to both typical yard waste and kitchen organics.*
Please DO NOT use compostable bags (or other plastic bags) for food scraps. These bags do not break down fast enough in our yard waste program.
Map of Collection Routes
Yard Waste Information
Yard waste, brush and small tree branches will be collected curbside once a week during the Yard Waste Program. Grass clippings and leaves must be placed in containers or biodegradable paper bags. Please DO NOT use the BROWN REFUSE TOTER for Yard Waste. Please DO NOT use plastic bags. All yard waste is composted into a high grade mulch product. Yard waste must be placed at the curb the night before the scheduled collection day.
Brush and/or tree limbs must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or tied into bundles (with twine) not exceeding 5' in length and 50 pounds. Branches with a diameter greater than 5" will not be taken.
Please limit the amount of yard waste placed at the curbside to nine (9) containers, paper bags and/or bundles total.
If you have a significant amount of yard waste, you may drop it off at the Compost Site Facility on Camp Hill Road, hire a private contractor to dispose of it, or place the maximum weekly amount at the curb for the Township to collect it over a period of several weeks.
Any materials "tagged' by Public Works Personnel as unacceptable, exceeds item limit or weight limit, must be removed from the curbside and disposed of properly.
Call the Public Works Department for options: (215) 643-1600 ext. 0
For the disposal of dirt, sod, rocks, tree stumps, logs, root balls, wood chips, or branches exceeding 5" in diameter, please contact a private contractor.
Automated Yard Waste Program
The Township is continually evaluating its operations and looking for ways to make collections safer and more efficient. As a result of this evaluation, the Monday yard waste route will be changed to Wednesdays starting August 25, 2021. Yard waste collection will also change to fully-automated collection in this area.
- Only yard waste that is in the township-provided green yard waste carts will be collected. Material outside of the carts will no longer be regularly accepted. Yard waste material must also not protrude from the top of the cart (This follows the same guidelines already in place for trash and recycling).
- Please place your green yard waste cart on the same side of the street as your brown trash and blue recycling carts.
- The Township will begin a monthly scheduled call-in collection for extra yard waste in the fully-automated collection area only. There will be no charge for this service, but it must be scheduled by calling the reception desk at (215) 643-1600 ext. 0. The current limit of nine (9) total items (cans, carts, bags, or bundles less than five feet (5’) long and 50 lbs.) will apply to this collection. Extra yard waste will be collected on on your home's side of the street. You must call the reception desk by NOON on the Friday before a Monday collection. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, August 30, 2021 (call by noon on Friday, August 27th)
- Monday, September 20, 2021 (call by noon on Friday, September 17th)
- Monday, October 18, 2021 (call by noon on Friday, October 15th)
- Monday, November 15, 2021 (call by noon on Friday, November 12th)
- As part of this program, the Compost Site at 1128 Camphill Road will be open several Saturdays throughout the season for residents to drop off yard waste or pick up mulch. A loader will be available to load mulch. The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Saturday, October 2, 2021
- Saturday, October 23, 2021
- Saturday, November 13, 2021
- Saturday, December 4, 2021
NOTE: The fall leaf program is NOT affected by this change.
For questions or suggestions, please contact Craig Frey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 643-1600 ext. 3412.
Kitchen Organics Waste Information - Items you can add to your green yard waste containers
Upper Dublin Township continues to look at a variety of programs from around the country to handle kitchen organic waste by diverting it from the waste stream and composting. Currently, the combination of costs and permit requirements may not allow for partial or full implementation of such a program.
Residents are advised that our current yard waste collection program has some flexibility and opportunity to reduce waste and return valuable nutrients to the environment safely.
The following is a list of items that you most likely regularly produce within your household that can be placed in your green yard waste containers:
• Fruit & vegetable scraps
• Crushed egg shells
• Coffee grounds
• Used tea bags
• Stale baked goods, like crackers & bread
• Corn husks
• Crumbs swept off of counters & floors
• Old herbs & spices
• Pizza crusts
• Tooth picks
• Green waste
To keep your green yard waste container clean, we suggest wrapping your food waste in newspaper. Please DO NOT use any plastic bags, even if they say COMPOSTABLE. These types of bags do not break down fast enough with our program.
Addtional Yard Waste Toter Program
You can order and pay for one additional green yard waste toter through the receptionist at (215) 643-1600 x "0". There is a one time fee of $65 for the extra green yard waste toter. The Township will deliver the cart to the property upon receipt of payment. The toter remains the property of the Township.
Questions? Call the Public Works Department at (215) 643-1600 x 0. All dates and information subject to change due to various conditions.