Highway Occupancy Permits Are Required for Construction


Township Owned Roads require a Township Highway Occupancy Permit.

UDT HOP Application & Twp. Standards/Requirements Packet - Link Below


Dumpsters placed within the Township Right of Way require a Township Highway Occupancy Permit.

UDT HOP Dumpster/POD Application & Checklist Packet - Link Below



For non-township-owned roads, please see the list of State and County Roads below.


State-owned roads require a permit from PennDOT.

Bethlehem Pike
Dreshertown Road
Fitzwatertown Road
Fort Washington Avenue (south of Limekiln Pike)
Jenkintown Road
Limekiln Pike
Morris Road
Norristown Road
PA Turnpike
Pennsylvania Avenue
Susquehanna Road
Tennis Avenue
309 Expressway
Welsh Road

PennDOT's Montgomery County Maintenance Office should be contacted for information on obtaining a PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit.
PennDot Montgomery County Maintenance Office
Swede Road and Johnson Highway
P.O. Box 350
Norristown, PA 19404
(610) 275-2368
PennDot Permits WebSite


Montgomery County-owned roads require a County permit

Butler Pike

The Montgomery County Roads and Bridges Office should be contacted for information on obtaining a Montgomery County Highway Occupancy Permit.
Montgomery County Road and Bridges Department
One Montgomery Plaza
6th Floor and Airy Streets
Norristown, PA 19401
(610) 278-3613
Montgomery County Department of Roads and Bridges

Call before you dig! PA One Call - 811

Questions? Call the Public Works Department at (215) 643-1600 ext. 3810

Public Works Information


Trash & Recycling


Phone And Email Directory

Alessandrini, Ralph

Public Works Director (215) 643-1600 x3807/ralessandrini@upperdublin.net

Barrett, Becki

Public Works Administrative Assistant (215) 643-1600 x3810/rbarrett@upperdublin.net

Brown, Bernard

Highway Superintendent (215) 643-1600 x3806/bbrown@upperdublin.net

Fennell, Mary Anne

Engineering Assistant (215) 643-1600 x3233/mfennell@upperdublin.net

Fountain, Thomas

Township Engineer (215) 643-1600 x3372/tfountain@upperdublin.net

Frey, Craig D.

Sanitation Project Coordinator (215) 643-1600 x3412/cfrey@upperdublin.net

Gaul, Jerry

Fleet & Facilities Director (215) 643-1600 x3808/jgaul@upperdublin.net

Haber, Ray

Sign Shop 215-643-1600 x3811/rhaber@upperdublin.net

Harold, Les

Sanitation Superintendent (215) 643-1600 x3801/sanitation@upperdublin.net

Remy, Patrick

Inspector (215) 643-1600 x3236/premy@upperdublin.net

Report an Issue

Would you like to report an issue?

Call Upper Dublin Township,

at (215) 643-1600 ext. 0

Bottom Right Link