After a thorough evaluation in 2009, it was determined that the Upper Dublin Township Deer Management Program would be the most practical, cost effective and proven control option available for the dense deer population in the township. Please see the Deer Management Program Background & Archives page for more information.
Important Deer Management Program Documents and Information:
2022-2023 Deer Management Dates will be released in August.
Dates and information are also available on the PA Game Commission website.
- 2019-2020 Deer Management Analysis Report
- 2020-2021 Deer Management Analysis Report
- 2021-2022 Deer Management Analysis Report
Documents & Links:
- All hunters are required to attend and successfully complete the Upper Dublin Township Deer Management Program Orientation course.
- All hunters must pass both a written and practical test. The written test consists of a 10-question multiple choice test. The practical test requires that a hunter, utilizing the bow they plan to hunt with, shoot from an elevated position, and place three out of five arrows equipped with broadheads in the vital area of a 3-D deer target. Targets will be placed at distances between 0-30 yards. Only one qualifying shot will be required at each target.
- Hunters must posses a current Pennsylvania Game Commission resident hunting license.
- Hunters must have at least one antlerless deer license for wildlife management unit 5D.
- Hunters must have no record of game law violations in the last 10 years.
- All hunting will take place in designated Upper Dublin Township-owned properties.
- Each location has signs posted to alert the public that a controlled deer hunt is in progress.
Questions and More Information:
For questions concerning the Upper Dublin Township Deer Management Program or to be placed on the wait list to become a program participant contact Officer Christopher Haggar, (215) 646-2101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on deer hunting within Pennsylvania
Links on deer management & conflicts within suburbia: