About MonDaug Bark Park @ Mondauk Manor
MonDaug Bark Park in the Mondauk Manor Park opened its "doors" on Friday, July 29, 2005. Mondauk Manor Park is located at 1130 Camp Hill Road, Fort Washington, PA 19034. It is on Camp Hill Road, south of Susquehanna Road and north of Virginia Drive/Highland Ave. MonDaug Bark Park is to the right at the bottom of the parking lot in Mondauk Manor Park.
MonDaug Bark Park is one acre divided into two fenced off sections where dogs can run and play off-leash. There is one section for small dogs and one section for large dogs. There are three separate double-gated entries to the dog park. The small dog park has one double-gated entry. The large dog park has two double-gated entries; one at the parking lot and one back by the walking trails. The entry located at the back of the large dog park section leads to wooded trails where you are welcome to walk your leashed dogs. There is also a stream located off the bottom left of the parking lot. Feel free to take your leashed dog for a swim in the stream!
The small and large dog parks are separated, but do share a common fence. Owners are welcome to bring their small dog into the large dog park, but they do so at their own risk.
Please clean up after your dogs. There are plenty of bag stations available for your use. We ask each user to do the following:(1) Clean up after your own dog, (2) Encourage others to clean up after their dogs and (3) pick up any "droppings" you see that are left behind by other users.
BYOW-Bring Your Own Water. Water is not provided at the park. See fundraising comments below about efforts to raise money to provide a fountain.
The park will be as good as we make it. We all need to pitch in to keep this park clean, safe, and successful.
RULES FOR USE
- Glass, Smoking & Alcohol are prohibited.
- Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to park use.
- Dogs must be kept on leash until inside the entry vestibule.
- Prong, pinch and spike collars must be removed.
- Handlers must remain with dogs within fenced areas.
- Dogs must be under view and within range of the handler's voice control at all times.
- Maximum 3 dogs per handler.
- Dogs showing aggression toward people or other animals must be removed from the park immediately. Animals who are known to have history of aggressive behavior will not be permitted.
- Dogs in heat or under 6 months are not permitted inside the fenced areas.
- Puppies and dogs using this park must be properly licensed, inoculated and healthy.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Children are welcome but remember this park is for DOG PLAY, not child's play. Children up to age 5 must be within arm's length of an adult at all times.
- Children ages 6-13 must be under strict adult supervision at all times.
- Park is open for general use. Special classes, events and/or private business activities require Township permit - call (215) 643-1600 x3443.
- UDP&R has the authority to close the site or portions of the site for maintenance, inclement weather/turf conditions and special permits.
- Violators will be subject to removal from the park.
MONDAUG BARK PARK VOLUNTEERS
MonDaug Bark Park is a reality thanks to the efforts of "MonDaug Bark Park Volunteers" who raised over $25,000 to provide fencing at the park. Now that they have raised enough money for the "basics," they have a new goal: raise money to make MonDaug Bark Park a truly exceptional dog park. The group is no longer active, but those interested in volunteering at the dog park should contact Derek Dureka at DDureka@upperdublin.net.