If you need to know the status of tax payments on a parcel, you need to order a Tax Certification. A tax certification would cover any taxes paid for the current year at time of request, as well as the prior three years. This is for both County/Township and School. We can provide one free update, if it is requested within 30 days of the last certification request. Any taxes that are not paid for prior years would require additional tax certification(s) from Montgomery County Tax Claim (for County/Township) and/or Portnoff Law Associates for prior years school taxes. Montgomery County Tax Claim can be reached at 610-278-1216, and Portnoff Law Associates at 866-211-9466.
When ordering Tax Certifications we would need the following information:
- Requesters name and contact information
- Parcel Number
- Property Address
- Property Owners name
- Indicate if for Sale or Refinance (if sale indicate anticipated settlement date)
- $35 check, per parcel, made payable to: Michael Klein
Please let us know how you want the tax certification returned to you:
- If by mail, include a self-addressed stamped envelope
- If by Federal Express, include a prepaid and addressed Federal Express envelope
- If by UPS, include a prepaid and addressed UPS envelope
- If by fax, include fax number where tax certification should be faxed. We can fax and mail if you instruct us and if you include the proper return envelopes as indicated above.
Mail check and request to: Michael Klein, Tax Collector, 801 Loch Alsh Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034