The Code Enforcement Department consists of the Director, Building and Plumbing Inspectors, Property Maintenance Inspector, and supporting staff. We are responsible for issuing permits, inspecting projects and in general ensuring adherence to Township regulations. Zoning and subdivision code books are available for $40.00 each.
Permit Submittal and Review Guidelines:
- All applicable permit applications, supporting documents, and fees must be submitted before the project will be placed for review.
- The UCC fee has changed from $4.00 to $4.50. This updated amount must be included on all applicable permit applications.
- All contractors must be on file with Upper Dublin Township and the proper paperwork submitted along with the applications.
- No permits will be issued on a same-day basis.
- The review process for residential projects is approximately 15 business days and for commercial projects approximately 30 business days. Please plan your projects accordingly. The Department will endeavor / try to meet this timeframe.
- Permit must be issued by Upper Dublin Township prior to commencement of work.
- Any person who commences any work on a building, structure, or electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system before obtaining the required permits shall be subject to a late fee for each required permit. The late fee shall be paid in addition to the required permit fee and shall be paid in an amount equal to the required permit fee up to a maximum of $1,000.
Code Enforcement Contact Information
Phone: (215) 643-1600
Fax: (215) 643-8843
- Monday-Thursday - 7:30a to 3:00p
- Friday - 7:30a-noon
- **Permit Applications and Forms
- **Permit Submission Guides and Lists
- *Engineering and Construction Standards
- Building Code Board of Appeals Applications
- Permit Summaries-Building
- Permit Summaries-Trade
- Property Transfer
- Swimming Pool
- Temporary Signs
The Township adopted the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code. The series of codes included within the Uniform Construction Code are those published by the International Code Council, Inc., further identified as follows:
- International Building Code 2009
- International Residential Code 2009
- NEC Electrical Code 2008 NFPA 70
- International Existing Building Code 2009
- International Energy Conservation Code 2009
- International Fire Code 2009
- International Fuel Gas Code 2009
- International Mechanical Code 2009
- International Plumbing Code 2009
- International Property Maintenance Code 2006
- International Urban-Wildland Interface Code 2009
The 2010 edition of Upper Dublin Township's Engineering and Construction Standards can be downloaded from the Code Enforcement Documents web page.
More in Code Enforcement
Below are the pages found within the Code Enforcement section.