College Internship Program
The Upper Dublin Township Police Department recognizes the importance of continuing education and pursuing programs for the furtherance of career opportunities. Therefore it shall be the policy of the Upper Dublin Police Department to assist college students concentrating in Criminal Justice studies in fulfilling academic requirements, by affording them the opportunity to participate in the Department's Internship Program.
- The intern must be enrolled in an accredited college or university
- The intern must be a minimum age of 18 years
- The intern must maintain an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 in their curriculum
- The intern must be enrolled in a criminal justice program or related course of study. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- The intern must be free of any Felony or Misdemeanor arrests or convictions.
Interns are not considered employees of the Upper Dublin Police Department and shall not receive any compensation or benefits.
Any person interested in participating in the Internship Program shall submit the following via email to Deputy Chief Benson at email@example.com
- A letter from the college or university detailing the institution's policy on participation in an internship program
- A letter requesting consideration for entry into the Internship Program
- A letter of referral from a current criminal justice instructor and/or advisor
- A copy of the student's current resume