-UDP&R offers a variety of activities and programs throughout the year.
Also listed are links to various community group activities and services.
|Birthday Parties||Directions To Facilities||Community Bulletin Board|
|Discount Tickets||Park Facility Rental||Community Theatre & Arts|
|General Services||Park Rules||Concerts|
|Registration Form (Paper)||Dog Park||Library Activities|
|Cancellations/Refunds||Mondauk Common||Swimming-Public Pools|
|Hold Harmless Agreement||Robbins Park||Youth Sports Organizations|
|Contact Us||Open Space/Trails||Summer Employment|
|E-Newsletter Signups||Office Hours||Senior Games (MCSG)|
|Link to All UDP&R Guides||Summer Guides & Forms|
|ONLINE STORE Link to All UDP&R Items||General Services|
CLICK ON UNDERLINED ITEM TO LINK TO ONLINE STORE OR FURTHER INFO
|SPECIAL EVENTS/TRIPS/ |
(One Day Camps/Programs)
Sep 29-Oct 5
Core and More
Fisher's Pot Pies Fundraiser (We 10/1)
Pet Food Drive begins (We 10/1)
Core and More
Comical Kids Concert (Tu 10/7)
Action Boot Camp
Bricks 4 Kidz - LEGO Movie
Preschool Fun Sports
Preschool Music & Movement
Preschool Tae Kwon Do
26th Annual Fire & Life Safety (Mo 10/13)
Babysitters Training (Sa 10/18)
Drive-In Movie @ Temple Ambler (Sa 10/18)
|Master Gardener Speaker Series - Card Making (Mo 10/20)|
Oct 27-Nov 2
Girls Night Out Cupcake Decorating (Mo 10/20)
Philadelphia North Book (Montgomery County, Bucks County and Philadelphia)
$25 - Available now in the online store or at the Parks & Recreation Office
AMUSEMENT PARK & SKI TICKETS
Enjoy movies even more knowing that you got in at a discounted rate!
Certain restrictions apply: An upgrade fee may be paid at the box office to gain admission to date-restricted films.
|Activity||Dates||Time||Fee||Duration & Notes|
|AMC Discount Movie Tickets||N/A||N/A||$9.00 ea||do not expire-unrestricted tickets valid immediately. Upgrade fee will apply for IMAX, RPX, Large Format, and 3D films.|
|Regal and United Artists Discount Movie Tickets||N/A||N/A||$8.00 ea||do not expire-not valid during the first 12 days of "selected" new release films or for special engagements.|
Inventory at any particular time determines availability.
Call (215) 643-1600 x3443.
Prefer to use snail mail or drop off your registration?
Visit the documents page to download the Activities - Registration Form.
Visit the documents page to download the Activities - Cancellation/Refund Policy.
Visit the documents page to download the Activities - Hold Harmless Agreement.
Pennypack Farm Education Center for Sustainable Food Systems is a charitable, nonprofit educational organization dedicated to increasing public understanding of the health, economic, ecological and social issues involved in sustainable local food systems. It is located at 685 Mann Road, Horsham, PA.
Community members are invited to be part of a special Memory Garden in Veterans Memorial Park at Highland Avenue and Farm Lane in Ambler, PA. The purpose of this garden is to honor the lives of family members, friends, and loved ones. The site is a quiet place to visit - to walk or sit alone or with friends in peaceful surroundings, enjoy the out-of-doors, and reflect. The Memory Garden includes a variety of trees and shrubs that have interest throughout the four seasons. There are benches, engraved pavers, and artwork/sculpture.
The Memory Garden is funded through direct contributions. Fundraising activities are ongoing and continue now that the garden is installed. You can help and support this effort in three ways: 1) Make a financial contribution; 2) Volunteer time to help sustain this special place; 3) Purchase an inscribed memorial brick. Visit the documents page to download the Donations to Parks form. To request additional information, call Kathy Martin at (215) 542-8317 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations should be mailed to 540 Shady Place, Ambler, PA 19002.
Upper Dublin High School Theatre & Arts Events
UDHS Fall Drama Club Production 2014
Location: UDHS PAC BBT (Black Box Theatre)
Date/Time: Nov 12/13/14/15 - 7:30p
Tickets: At the door
UDHS Winter Drama Club Production 2015
Location: UDHS PAC Auditorium
Date/Time: Jan 17/18 - 2p
Tickets: At the Door
UDHS 2014 Spectacle in Sound with the Upper Dublin Marching Cardinals
Upper Dublin High School (UDHS) - Cardinal Stadium
Date/Time: Sep 20 - 6p
Rain or Shine.
Tickets: Available at the event.
UDHS Spring Musical 2015
Location: UDHS PAC Auditorium
Date/Time: Apr 9/10 - 7:30p; Apr 11 - 2p & 7:30p
Tickets: $TBA at the door and the UDHS PAC Box Office, all general seating.
Sandy Run Middle School Theatre
Sandy Run Middle School 7th and 8th Grade Musical 2015
Date/Time: Mar 13 - 7p; Mar 14/15 - 2p
Student tickets: $TBA / Adult tickets: $TBA
Tickets available at UDP&R (cash or check only)
More info at http://www.srmsmusical.wikispaces.com
Sandy Run Middle School 6th Grade Musical 2015
Date/Time: May 8 - 7p; May 9 - 2p
Student tickets: $TBA / Adult tickets: $TBA
Tickets will be available at UDP&R (cash or check only)
More info at http://www.srmsmusical.wikispaces.com
Sign up for UDP&R Concert E-News! Select UDP&R Concerts in the drop down menu.
Summer Concerts are held at Temple University Ambler* on the Learning Center Lawn at 580 Meetinghouse Road, Ambler, PA (signs posted). All concerts in July 6:30p-8p. All concerts in August 6p-7:30p.
Su 07/13/2014 The Midnighters(American Roots duo)
Su 07/20/2014 Ravenhill(Bluegrass)
Su 07/27/2014 Zydeco-A-Go-Go(Zydeco Music/Creole Jazz)
Su 08/03/2014 The Other Brothers(Classic Rock)
Su 08/10/2014 Almost Fab!(Beatles tribute)
Su 08/17/2014 The Norristones(Music from the Soundtrack of Your Life)
Su 08/24/2014 Philly Rock and Soul(R&B, Motown)
Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets. Concerts are smoke and pet free!
All ages welcome - concerts best suited for mature audiences.
*Rain location is the Learning Center Auditorium at Temple University, Ambler. Unsure? Call (215) 643-1600 x3443 after 3p on day of concert. The message will be changed only if the concert has been relocated due to weather.
Presented by Upper Dublin Parks & Recreation, hosted by Temple University Ambler.
There are two public pools in Upper Dublin Township. An indoor pool located at the Upper Dublin High School is operated year round by the Upper Dublin School District. Learn to swim, lifeguard certification, and open swim programs are available to the community. A fee is charged. Visit the School District's Aquatic Program web page for details about new and expanded programs, seasonal registrations, and adult school programs or call (215) 643-8800 x8994 for more information.
The Upper Dublin Community Pool, an outdoor pool owned and operated by the Township is located at 401 Logan Avenue in North Hills. The Community Pool opens each year on the Saturday before or after the public schools close and remains open through Labor Day. The pool may not be open weekdays during the last two weeks of the season due to staffing. During the summer months call the pool office for directions at (215) 887-8785. Visit the Upper Dublin Community Pool page for more info.
Independent programs are open to school age children and youths, ages vary by sport, and a fee is charged to participate. The responsibility of forming teams and leagues, securing coaches and officials, scheduling games, and organizing registration, rests solely with the sponsoring agency. Visit the Youth Sports Organization page for details and registration dates.
Visit our Dog Park page for information on the Township's fenced in area for dogs.
Visit our Parks and Facilities page for detailed directions to MonDaug Bark Park at Mondauk Manor.
Join the Friends of MonDaug Bark Park organization.
Signup to receive Dog Parks e-news.
Visit our Parks and Facilities page for information on renting Mondauk Common fields and pavilions.
Public Use of Robbins Park
Robbins Park is an environmental education center, owned and maintained by Upper Dublin Township. It is operated and funded in cooperation with the Upper Dublin School District. There are trails, bird and animal blinds, picnic tables and gardens available for use and observation by individuals and families each day from dawn to dusk. Certain areas may be restricted from public use during scheduled school programs and large group uses.
Download a "Park Map - Robbins Park" with instructions for the "Sneaker Walk from the documents and forms page."
Visit our Parks and Facilities page for detailed directions to Robbins Park.
Download the "Facility Use or Rental - Robbins Park Group Use Form" with information about other Robbins Park programs from the parks documents and forms page.
Permits are required for group use.
Permits are required for use of grills or electric.
Vehicles in designated areas only.
Properly dispose of trash and recyclables.
Properly supervise children and youth.
Use facilities as intended.
Fishing requires PA fishing license for anyone age 16 and up.
NO assumption of parkland for personal use.
NO pets; Exception: MonDaug Bark Park (see special rules for Bark Park).
NO smoking. (ordinance #1200)
NO alcohol or controlled substance; Exception: alcohol by permit issued by UDP&R, only at Mondauk Common.
NO fundraising, sales or solicitation without permit issued by UDP&R.
NO grilling or open fires without permit issued by UDP&R.
NO bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, or street hockey; Exception: street hockey at Sheeleigh Park.
NO golf or other sporting activities that may endanger people or animals, Exception: Twining Valley Golf Club.
NO loud music, profane language, abusive, aggressive, or lewd behavior.
NO nails and tacks on pavilion poles or signs affixed to signs and posts.
NO water balloon and water guns.
NO fireworks and bottle rockets.
NO swimming, boating, rafting or use of personal floatation devices; Exception: Upper Dublin Community Pool.
Rule violators will be subject to fines, penalties and/or removal from any park.
Parks are open for general use dawn to dusk. UDP&R has the authority to close the site or portions of the site for maintenance, inclement weather, turf conditions and special permits.
Special classes, events and/or private business activities require Township permit - call (215) 643-1600 x3443.
For full list of ordinance and rules governing Upper Dublin Township Parks & Recreation sites, please see Upper Dublin Township Code Section 168.
1. Does UDP&R offer discount tickets and vouchers to events, ski resorts and amusement parks? Can they be purchased on the online store? Orders for discount tickets may be placed any business day between the hours of 9a and 5p by contacting the Parks and Recreation office at (215) 643-1600 x3443. They are not available on the online store. Links to downloadable ticket lists. Once tickets are purchased, they are non-refundable and non-returnable.
2. Are facilities available for organized group use? All group use on public property requires a permit. To inquire about group use of Upper Dublin School District indoor and outdoor facilities other than softball and baseball fields please call the district business office at (215) 643-8814. For use of any community softball or baseball field, or Township facilities contact UDP&R at (215) 643-1600 x3443. Outdoor facilities available for group use include ballfields, large field areas, volleyball courts, basketball courts, picnic pavilions and walking tracks. Indoor facilities available for group use include Community Rooms at the Upper Dublin Township Building. Children's birthday party packages led by UDP&R staff are available at Robbins Park and the Upper Dublin Township Building. Visit the documents page for downloadable Facility Use and Rental Guides.
3. What summer camp programs are available in Upper Dublin? A summer Kids Zone program for children who have completed kindergarten through 7th grade; summer preschool programs (Camp BIG and Small Folks); a summer teen program (X-Zone); multi week theatre camps; weekly specialty summer camps for youth preschool through high school, and various environmental camps, fine arts and creative arts camps, sports camps for both boys and girls, certification programs in babysitting, science adventure camps, and weekly super summer adventure trips. Visit the documents page for Activity Guides or link directly to the Camps Listing on the online store.
4. What community sports organizations are available in the Township? Independent programs are open to school age children and youths, ages vary by sport, and a fee is charged to participate. The responsibility of forming teams and leagues, securing coaches and officials, scheduling games, and organizing registration, rests solely with the sponsoring agency. Visit the Youth Sports Organization page for details and registration dates.
5. What facilities are available at ROBBINS PARK and are they available for public use? Robbins Park is an environmental education center, owned and maintained by Upper Dublin Township. It is operated and funded in cooperation with the Upper Dublin School District. There are trails, bird and animal blinds, picnic tables and gardens that are available for use and observation by individuals and families each day from dawn to dusk. Certain areas may be restricted from public use during scheduled school programs and large group uses. Visit the documents page to download a Parks Map of Robbins Park or a Facility Use and Rental Robbins Park Group Use Form. Directions to Robbins Park.
6. Are there public pools serving the Upper Dublin Community? Yes there are two public pools. An indoor pool at Upper Dublin High School is operated year round by the Upper Dublin School District. Learn to swim, lifeguard certification, and open swim programs are available to the community. A fee is charged. Visit the School District's Aquatic Program web page for details about new and expanded programs, seasonal registrations, and adult school programs or call (215) 643-8800 x8994 for more information. The Upper Dublin Community Pool, an outdoor pool owned and operated by the Township is located at 401 Logan Avenue in North Hills. The Community Pool opens each year on the Saturday after the public schools close and remains open through Labor Day. The pool may not be open weekdays during the last two weeks of the season due to staffing. Visit the UDC Pool page for more info.
7. Can I drop off registration for UDP&R programs after hours? Yes, use the 24 hour drive up drop box in front of the Township building or mailbox #59 in the Township Building rotunda lobby. Registrations "dropped off" will be processed the next business day. View the office hours for all Township Departments.
The Township of Upper Dublin
801 Loch Alsh Avenue
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Phone: (215) 643-1600
Fax: (215) 542-0797