Residential hazardous materials (hazmat) safety is important in preventing fires in and around your home. Hazmat safety involves the proper handling and storage of combustibles and flammable liquids such as gasoline, kerosene, propane, oil, aerosols, certain household cleaning products, and painting supplies.
Safety Tips to Avoid a Hazmat Emergency:
- Use proper storage containers for flammables and combustibles.
- Know how to shut off the gas supply in case of an emergency.
- Never store flammables in direct sunlight or near an open flame.
- Inspect storage areas regularly and be on the lookout for leaky containers, poor ventilation, and the smell of fumes.
- Store hazardous materials out of the reach of children and pets.
Learn more at the U.S. Fire Administration web site.
1999-2013, Upper Dublin Township, Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.
The Township of Upper Dublin
801 Loch Alsh Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034
Phone: (215) 643-1600 TTY: 711 Fax: (215) 542-0797
This website is meant to comply with the U.S. Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
Translate The Upper Dublin Township Website