USE CANDLES WITH CARE: WHEN YOU GO OUT BLOW OUT National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports an estimated 23,000 candle fires in the U.S. each year. Visit the NFPA website to see articles on statistics and prevention.
- Extinguish all candles when leaving the room or going to sleep.
- Keep all candles away from items that can catch fire, like clothing, books and curtains.
- Use candle holders that are sturdy, won't tip over easily, are made from a material that cannot burn, and are large enough to collect dripping wax.
- Keep candles and all open flames away from flammable liquids.
- Keep candle wicks trimmed to one-quarter inch and extinguish taper and pillar candles when they get to within two inches of the holder. Votives and containers should be extinguished before the last half-inch of wax starts to melt.
- During power outages, avoid carrying a lit candle. Use flashlights.
1999-2013, Upper Dublin Township, Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.
The Township of Upper Dublin
801 Loch Alsh Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034
Phone: (215) 643-1600 TTY: 711 Fax: (215) 542-0797
This website is meant to comply with the U.S. Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
Translate The Upper Dublin Township Website